PRIVACY NOTICE & POLICY
In compliance with EU's GDPR ; UK's DPR ; PECR ; USA's COPPA, etc :
TO The Customer, Fan, who ever accessing this site SHINLIMMAGIC.com:
When you "cruise" or "just looking around" the site, NO personal information can be extracted unless you consciously want to contact us or order products.
We use Squarespace platform whose "cookies" do some tech work to make website work.
Read more to understand about Squarespace cookies.
- You agree when you access this site that when you contact or order magic products , you willingly gave us your "DATA" to assist us in fulfilling the orders, reply to questions,etc.
- You are allowed to use this site as an adult (above 16 years old in EU ; in other countries or states "adult" is of defined of different ages from 13 ,14, 18 or 21 years old onwards.)
- If You are a child or teenager- You honestly confirm that your parents are aware & gave you permission. You Lie, It is Your problem & Your conscience & unfortunately your parents' fault and burden. (by the way, it is the law...not ours).
- The "DATA" will stay private & NOT resold/rented/traded to others.
- The site is NOT connected to email service providers.
- When You Contact or Book : The "DATA" contains- your email address & what you write in the form.
- When you buy from the online- shop , The "DATA" we keep are : your name, email address, bill & ship address, telephone # and list & $ of products you ordered.
- We DO NOT HAVE your debit/credit card details-this data is handled by STRIPE & PAYPAL. They also keep track of all failed attempts, IP details &time.etc. They only reveal for our view your last 4 digits of debit/credit card number and which country it originates.
- The other partners do not have such financial data- only shipping address data & order list for customs.
- Your basic "DATA" is stored with us for us to help us- check/authenticate when dealing with customer support & the $ figure is kept for Tax Audit purposes (technically for 3 years for USA-IRS). Data helps us in strategic planning eg best selling products ranking.
- These BIG partners use industry encryption to protect the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information during transmission over the Internet. They are responsible for that confidentiality. We are customers of these partners.
- We actually do not understand all the cryptic tech lingo used by partners. We have to trust them since they are experts in their fields & have a huge IT computer team. We are truly clueless about cookies. We do not know how to "exploit" them but for us cookies are tasty for humans & for computers - well who knows...all our hands are Tied.
- If you wish to REMOVE your DATA- write to the Privacy Officer** . The removal of data may affect our ability to respond to your problem - so you will NOT get customer support as then we lost PROOF that you were an ex-customer. WE cannot give you the downloads or streaming LINKS when you "lost the links" of old orders.
This site 's "Privacy Officer"** can be contacted at Tune2Magic@Gmail.com.
Our website platform partners are SQUARESPACE, PAYPAL & STRIPE that processes the DATA.
Our shipping data partners processors are Stamps.com, Shipstation.com & USPS.com.
We are NOT DATA Processors. All of the companies listed are based in the USA.
We are dependent on our partners for processing all the data given by you to us.
We may have to pay FEES to the processors to get your data removed from their sites. If too many such requests come from the EU, we may abandon selling to the EU to save us time , grief & $.
We are based in the Greater Boston Area, MASSACHUSETTS, USA.
We are a very small company..
In Full Details:
How We Use Your Information
The DATA is first collected Through SQUARESPACE platform, which then "distributes" the relevant data to the other processors, sub-processors for verification of payment cards/banks, then shipping processors for packing & shipping.
We retain the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information collected from your use of our Website and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website and Service as well as for use or resale to others. At no time is your Personally Identifiable Information included in such data aggregations.
Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of TermsFeed, our Users, employees, and affiliates.
Mobile: When you download or use apps (if ever hosted on site), we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to validate the mobile app purchases, and/or provide updates and notifications. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
Computer Information Collected
In accordance with GDRP law you have the right to be aware of the lawfulness how your personal data is being processed. You have the right to:
- confirmation that your data is being processed;
- access to your personal data; and
A copy of the information that we possess will be provided free of charge.
We will do our best to provide requested information as humanly early as possible.
For deletion (removal) of data , we may take a maximum of 1 month (30 days) to comply to your request-as this is dependent on our processors. Please look at our Limitations paragraph below.
However, if the request is manifested excessively and repetitively, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee.
Protecting Your Child's/TEEN's Privacy
Our Website is not designed for use (to order magic goods) by anyone under the age of 18 ("Child"/Teen), though we realize we may have a Child or TEENAGER attempt to make purchases through our Website.
WE do NOT ALLOW SUCH YOUNG FANS to communicate with Shin LIM through email for liability issues.
We do not verify the age of our Users nor do we have any liability for verifying a User's age.
If you are a Child/Teenager, please seek the permission of a parent or guardian before using our Website.
If you are a parent or guardian and believe your Child/Teenager is using our Website or has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us.
We reserve the right to ask you for verification of your relationship to the Child/Teenager before we honor such a request.
If we discover that we have collected Personal Information from a Child/Teenager under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will not use the information for any purpose, and we will not disclose the information to third parties except if needed by law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies.
However, as parent of such a Child/Teenager, you understand that you are legally liable for any transactions created by the Child/Teenager.
Informational Links to Other Websites
Our Email Policy: NO SPAM.
For Citizens of the European Union : We will NOT SEND you ANY Marketing information of New products or about upcoming shows unless you had agreed consciously & voluntarily.
If you are a FAN of Shin LIM & " follow " him, you will be aware of it soon enough on social media especially on instagram or youtube or facebook.
We only email in response to customer service of product orders, magic questions,.
We obviously use email & sometimes call to communicate with potential & current clients in discussing logistics for private & public events.
Request for Information held or Delete Data Request : write to Tune2Magic@gmail.com
Our LIMITATIONS :
To ensure no inconsistent or additional terms are imposed on us beyond that reflected in our standard Data Notice/Policy and model clauses, we cannot agree to sign UK customers’ DPAs.
We Cannot Promise to be able to change swiftly to any more of the Europe GDPR's "enhancements".
As a small team we also can’t make individual changes to our Data Notice/Policy since we don't have a full time legal or IT team on staff - We are a very very small company.
We do not have the ability to know if these processors have viruses etc .
So any Breach -we may not really know...unless our partners tell us or our website crashes.
But if we do know we will inform you of DATA BREACH within 72 hours.
Any changes to the standard Data Policy /GDPR would require legal counsel and a lot of back and forth discussion that would be cost prohibitive for a small team - having consultant lawyers & Informational technology consultants can bankrupt us.
Removal of DATA will affect analytics & Tax audit purposes.
When we receive AND EXECUTE your data request removal from our side, we will also inform promptly our partners of your data to be removed. This may take 30 days.
They may charge us a fee-refer to bottom..
How efficiently the data is being removed by partners, etc truly no-one knows....as this is a "rolling stone" which is dependent on at least 5 BIG corporate systems working in tandem. Hopefully the moss of information will roll away to Nothingness?
Adhering to the GDPR policy 100% will be a long term future costly problem especially for small businesses.
DPA=DATA Processing Addendum applicable only for UK clients.
GDPR = General Data Protection Regulation for citizens of the European Union. 2018 May25
COPPA = Children Online Privacy Protection Rule for USA.(rules if children under `13 MUST have parents' permission.-irony who knows who is behind the virtual screen?)
** https://www.atg-it.co.uk/gdpr/dpa-vs-gdpr/ A DPO or Data Controller is compulsory only for companies with above 250 employees & above 5000 subject profiles in a year. We are too small to afford nor have consultant . So we just have the Privacy Officer -who wears multiple hats.
https://www.squarespace.com/dpa >>see 5.8 , 5.10 We MAY have to incur COSTS so you the customer need to share that costs charged by SQUARESPACE.
PAYPAL shares your data with over 600+ companies. We have no control over them.
As SHIN LIM is a celebrity and this is a small family business, we cannot publicize any physical addresses nor telephone numbers. The Only way is through the contact form or email to Tune2Magic@gmail.com.